Monday, August 10, 2026

Trumpocracy--#68 finished

The rest of the title: The Corruption of the American Republic.  David Frum was a Republican that like many left the party after the election of Donald Trump back in 2016, maybe earlier since some were actively trying to help Hillary then.  This book was published in Jan 2018, so most of 2017 is what he was writing about--not even 1 year after the inauguration.  Things he pointed to and the dominance over the party that Trump was already establishing seems even funnier/pathetic when reading you realize this whole book was before Impeachment #1, Jan 6th, Impeachment #2 and then the investigations and then his re-election.  Just amazing that Trump has kept his position as the main person in the Republican party, everyone in the party & I mean everyone has to kiss his ring or risk being run out of office or positions.  I do worry for our country.

There are no copies in PBS system and no WL for this book either.  I have a bunch of politics books so I figure it will go on that shelf for now.

No comments: