Friday, June 28, 2024

Harrow--#57 finished

 This was a disappointing book.  This copy did not have the cover for the hardback book so didn't have a writeup on what it was about.  I don't remember why I put it on my WL for PBS, probably was written up in Post Dispatch & sounded interesting.  It was not interesting.  It is about some futuristic time in America, not many years off if I had to guess.  A girl is sort of the main character and people around her are strange and strange.  Nothing really made sense and just sort of stumbles along with a disjointed story.  Nothing is clear.  It is a short book, just over 200 pages so I kept thinking things would get put together but they were not.  The last 50 or so pages I just forced myself to finish since I was close to end but by then had already resigned myself to disappointment with this book.  Nothing here to recommend and will not be looking for anything else by author.

There are 4 WL for this book on PBS.  I don't  need credits right now but this will be one of the first ones I post to send off, just don't want this book on my shelf anymore.

No comments: