Saturday, September 28, 2024

I am Sorry to Think I Have Raised a Timid Son--#86 finished

This is a group of stories that in between the stories the writer talks about his relationship with his family but mostly his dad.  The author Kent Russell is a reporter of sorts that looks for the unusual.  I am guessing he is mostly the freelance sort of writer.  His dad is sort of crazy type, they moved from Ohio to Florida when Kent was young and his dad seems the Florida guy sort that I have read about before.  Just sort of out there type character.  Kent went to school in Florida and later lived in New York while still trying to find out what he wanted to do.  His parents had moved to San Francisco sometime there as well.  From what I gather or at least remember this book seems like how Kent decided to become a full time writer.  Not really sure.  Some stories were really interesting but others just didn't make much sense.  Sort of a mixed review on this book.  This is one of those short story type books that I like to mix into my reading, not really sure why this one came my way though.

There are 3 WL for this book on PBS so will post & send off at some point.

No comments: