Friday, September 11, 2026

Taking Down Backpage--#78 finished

This is by a former CA prosecutor that led the effort to take down the Craigslist of escorts and prostitutes called Backpage.  I kind of remember hearing about this years back.  Reading about Backpage and thinking this was before the MeToo movement and the Epstein files, all of those just make you wonder what the hell were we thinking.  I am sure sex trafficking is still going on, pimps and prostitutes and all that but the people running these things should be locked away for a long time and help given to the victims.  Shame at least for the customers.  Just a really sad state.  Tough to read about some of the victims in this book but glad to see it was taken down and some of the people at least went to justice.

There are 2 WL for this book on PBS so I will probably post & send off at some point.

No comments: