Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Professor's House--#46 finished

 This is one of the classic books that I am trying to read more of this year.  This is a Willa Cather book but a little different from others I have read.  After I finished I checked Wikipedia and some other reviews of it and still seems out of sorts for me.  The professor is getting older and his two daughters are married.  A main character of the family was Tom Outland who was engaged to the older daughter and a former student and protege of the professor.  Tom is really the straw that stirs this story and the middle book of this story is about him.  Just a weird construction of the book and to me leaves questions about the relationships of every person in the book.  

This is a keeper since a classic & a NE author.  Also this copy of the book is an ex-student book--underlining and highlighting and stickers on it, really couldn't send out on PBS if I wanted to.

No comments: