Friday, September 18, 2026

American Gun--#80 finished

The author of this book Chris Kyle served in Iraq and probably Afghanistan too and was a top sniper there and wrote a book I read years ago I think was American Sniper--yep just looked it up.  A movie was made and Chris was a kind of famous person.  Just as this book finished up Chris and a friend were killed, it says trying to help another veteran.  If I remember right I think the guy had ptsd and shot up a firing range--not sure and will probably try looking up after typing this up.  This book is about 10 guns that influenced the US from it's very beginning to present day.  Good stories and writeups on each gun as well as talking about other similar guns or guns the opponents were using.  I am not much of a gun guy so was just a good read for me, people with real interest in guns probably enjoy this book much more.

There are no copies on PBS but at this point not posting it either.  Not sure if keeper since a lot good information here or maybe post or maybe donate away.  No hurry to decide. 

No comments: