This is the 2nd novel in the Western series of the Civil War. This one is about the Siege of Vicksburg. Vicksburg is under Confederate control and the Union wants it so they can control all of the Mississippi river a main source of shipping equipment, supplies, men around the West. I like the writing style of focusing on a couple people on each side & talking about what they were going through day to day along with the generals. Grant had the numbers and better supply lines and basically forced the Confederates back into Vicksburg where they were stuck. Not sure why Confederate general Johnson didn't come to help. Good read that gets into the details of the people and battle. I think there is 1 more in this series that I need to get to in the coming months.
There is 1 copy already on PBS but this series is a keeper so will be going back on my shelf.
No comments:
Post a Comment