Friday, July 12, 2024

The World According to Garp--#65 finished

 This one took a while in a few ways.  Obviously to read, it is 609 pages and is not a book you can just run through--at least for me, also it has been on my shelf for a long time waiting for me to get to it which I finally did.  I have read other books by John Irving and enjoyed them and I have seen this movie--long time ago, but also enjoyed the movie.  Since I saw the movie I did kind of remember what this book was about but obviously details come out in the book.  I really enjoyed this book, interesting characters and interesting times being written in the 1970s.  Reading the book does sort of make me want to watch this movie again, I remember Robin Williams as Garp and John Lithgow as Roberta, not sure about other actors.  This is one I am counting as a classic this year--it fits my very general feel for the term.

This one is a keeper for me, won't be posting it on PBS.  I don't think there are any copies but doesn't matter no need to send this one away.

No comments: