Friday, July 12, 2024

The Wrong End of the Table--#63 finished

 The rest of the title:  A Mostly Comic Memoir of a Muslim Arab American Woman Just Trying to Fit In.  Ayser moved with her family at age 3 from Iraq to Columbus, Ohio in the 1970s.  A few years later moved to Louisville, KY and then went to Saudi Arabia for a few years before back to Louisville to finish out high school and she did undergraduate school there too.  She moved to LA for grad school and at some point before her parents moved to Las Vegas and then later to Austin, TX--I think.  Lots of moving around which played into her book of finding a hard time fitting in.  Lots of relationship stuff with friends, boy friends and especially her parents.  A good quick read type book.

There was 1 WL for this book when I was reading it but when I finished it was now at zero.  I will probably post on my bookshelf on PBS & see what happens.

No comments: