Monday, April 30, 2018

War and Peace--#18 finished

Not sure how many times this makes it as reading War and Peace.  Has to be about my favorite book of all time.  Just a great story with great characters.  I have told this before to people, that as I age, it seems I catch something a little different than what I read before.  First time I read it around senior in high school, the battles and warfare--and probably that I didn't know that Napoleon invaded Russia--not much Russian history taught in high school.  The later times I have read it, it seems like I got more out of the interesting court and high society lived in Russia.  Then later the families and relationships going on.  This time, not really sure but the whole Moscow burning seems to be something I have read before but now I seem to understand it more, no idea why or maybe just my poor memory of what stuck with me from earlier reads.  Very interesting and very good book, I recommend it to everyone that is a reader and if not a reader suggest reading something a little shorter before tackling this.

This is a keeper copy, so won't be going to PBS.  Also is kind of beaten up so probably couldn't post there anyway.

No comments: