Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Snow Leopard--#3 finished

I finished this around a week ago but just now logging in.  I guess just kind of disappointed in the book, I was hoping for more about the Snow Leopard and instead got more about the travel and Buddhism.  The time of this was early '70s--maybe 1971 and the writer was going through a tough time with his wife passing away no long before this trip.  He also has 2 young boys that he mentions but never really explains where or who is taking care of them while he is off on this research trip.  With that going on and purpose of trip the Snow Leopard thought the focus would be there but instead it was more about his personal journey both the several weeks to journey where the research in Himalayas was going to be done & his personal spiritual journey.  I have had this book on my shelf for a while and was looking forward to finally getting to it.  I started it in early November and just couldn't get into it, fought through it and finally at beginning of January just pushed myself to get through it.

I have posted it on PBS since there were no copies in system & it has already been requested.  I will be getting it mailed off later today or tomorrow. 

No comments: