Thursday, June 10, 2021

John Quincy Adams--#37 finished

This book took a long time for me to read and it has also taken long for me to get it logged in.  I finished it on the last day of May and just now getting to it.  A really good read with a ton of great information about John Quincy Adams.  A lot of the infighting going on in politics back then is a good reminder that politics has always been a fight.  Each generation or time thinks it is worse now than ever, maybe some ways it is, but it has always been kind of ugly. 

JQA is really a person that was a bridge from the founders of our country, traveling with his dad to France during our fight for Independence and then with his career in the House extending to when many Republicans were starting to join him--not called Republicans yet but the seeds of the Civil War were certainly sprouting by then.  An amazing person and statesman.  I a really glad I read this book

There are 8 WL for this book so at some point I will post & mail off.  I thought about seeing if friends would be interested but really such a long book and almost work to read it I doubt they would be interested.

No comments: