Saturday, July 31, 2021

Devil's Sanctuary--#51 finished

 The rest of the title is:  An Eyewitness History of Mississippi Hate Crimes.  This was written by a MS reporter and a MS lawyer that both grew up in MS in the 1960s.  It is really a shocking account of what was going on in MS at the time.  I had seen some documentaries about the Civil Rights Movement and Martin Luther King Jr but hadn't read anything like the details they discussed in this book.  While it seems to have gotten better I think it is still ingrained in the thoughts and minds of some people.  Almost like fear/hatred of Jewish people in Germany & Eastern Europe is still sort of hiding just beneath the surface.  It is a mindset that I really just cannot understand but makes me thankful for where I grew up & the life I was given.

There is 1 WL for this book but this book is a little rough in areas but I think still postable on PBS so will probably post it some point.  A good book that really needs people to read it.

No comments: