Saturday, November 27, 2021

Palace of Treason--#81 finished

 This is the 2nd in trilogy, first book was The Red Sparrow.  A girl that becomes a Russian spy and then becomes a spy for the US.  I had seen the movie first but think I had the first book too but didn't read until after seeing the movie. Sort of interesting, a modern day spy story and this 2nd book continues this.  Talks about Putin and Russia and some inner workings--seems realistic at least to me.  The Red Sparrow in the 2nd book continues to move up the ranks in Russia but with lots of other things going on.  A good read but does get bogged down at times and was easy to lose interest.  Glad I got through it and will try to get a copy of the 3rd book to finish the series.

There are 6 WL for the book in PBS but no hurry to mail off at this point.  Not really a keeper series but I like that the book includes recipes at the end of each chapter.

No comments: