Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Power Ball--#74 finished

 This is a good read about the modern baseball game and how it is played by Rob Neyer.  A really good read about how things have changed and some ideas to improve--some of which have happened.  It was written around a game in Sept 2017 between the Astros and the A's.  Funny thing is he kept talking about how this Astro team was such a great hitting team but book was written before the Astros sign stealing came to light--I had a hard time putting that out of my thoughts as I was reading it.  I wish he could have stapled a chapter at end with his thoughts on that.  Still good look at baseball at that time.  Of course other big thing since then is the pandemic and I guess to a much lesser extent the owners & players getting through a work stoppage and getting a new agreement signed.  A good read about baseball.

There are 5 WL for this book so I will post & mail off at some point.

No comments: