Monday, May 15, 2023

Ghetto--#41 finished

 This book read more like a textbook discussing previous textbooks instead of going into more modern info on ghettos.  Gives a history of ghettos from back in Europe & the Jewish ghettos and then into the US ghettos and redlining in northern cities with the black migration north to get away from the Jim Crow laws of the south.  I wish there was more of the info on this but instead this book dealt a lot with the researchers at the time and their influences and such.  It wasn't what I was expecting and while it did show how complicated the problem was, to me the whole book was muddled down on showing their work/research more so than the information.  Overall a tough read.

I have posted it on PBS & it was the only copy in system and has already been requested so I will be mailing it off later this week.

No comments: