Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Care of Time--#60 finished

 This is an older book, published in 1980 so before cell phones, most computers and all that stuff.  It started as a sort of interesting read with a writer and former TV interviewer getting mailed a bomb that was basically a warning that he had to take a job.  He does and ends up in Italy and travels with a group to do a sort of fake interview of a middle eastern sheik while government types are negotiating behind scenes with sheik for a base deal.  I didn't buy why the main character had to be involved and then all the details that again didn't really make much sense to me.  It was I guess supposed to be a sort of spy/action novel and I just didn't buy it.  This is a mass market/pocket type book.  I had it because needed an easy carry book for out door reading and it fit that bill. 

This book is sort of beaten up so will not bother posting on PBS but will instead go in my give away pile.

No comments: