Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Maze Runner--#33 finished

This has been a slow month for my reading, just now finishing the third book for the month and very doubtful if another gets finished in the next couple of days.  The Maze Runner is an okay book, but expectations I had may have oversold it some.  I thought it would be like a Hunger Games type series and there are some similarities but it is not as entertaining as the Hunger Games at least in my opinion.  It took a while to get into the book and even at the end, it didn't really catch me.  I know there are 2 more books in the series and it just seems like the ending knew that too.  It wasn't much of a clean break--you have to read the next if or be left in the dark.  I already have the next so I will get to it at some point probably soon.  Like I said it is alright and probably worth continuing but I don't have any real connection to it either, oh well.

I have started Camel Rider and still have the Stephen King short story book Skeleton Crew going.  I am not even halfway through the Skeleton Crew book yet, but it is one that I have been pushing aside for weeks at a time, like now where I have finished a story and just not ready to start the next.  I will look to start another book, probably tonight.

No comments: