Saturday, May 7, 2016

Crunchy Cons--#23 finished

Author identifies as a conservative but out of what appears to be the mainstream conservative/Republican.  Lots of good stuff in here that applies as much today as it did 10 years ago when it came out.  Basically railing against our consumer society, our society that doesn't understand sacrifice or understanding limits.  Book gets a little too preachy at times, especially about homeschooling but 10 years ago that probably seemed a little unusual while today more accepted.  I see a lot of stuff/ideas in here that are me in many ways.  This being such an unusual election year already, I will look to see if Trump embodies any of this but I really doubt it.  It is depressing election year for me at least.  I will be looking through at which 3rd party candidate I want to support.  Oh well, good book that makes you think.

I will be keeping this book, not sure if will re-read but it is in unpostable shape & is good enough to keep rather than give away.

No comments: