Thursday, August 16, 2018

V is for Vengeance--#40 finished

It had been a while since I had read a Kinsey Milhone book, looks like since the 47th book read last year so maybe not quite a year.  It was time, I really enjoy this series and am dreading that it is coming to an end with no wrap up.  Sue Grafton passed away after writing Y and the family said there would be no Z, the alphabet ends at Y for them.  I certainly understand their feelings about not wanting someone else to carry this series on, but I will certainly miss it.  This series is one that I have kept the books so re-reading it will likely happen at some point too.  This book was about the mob group in town, not a big Godfather type operation but big and powerful enough.  I like that even the baddest guy in the mob was not a cold blooded ruthless killer, seems a little more thought put into the characters than what I often read.  The bad guy is so bad you will be shocked because there is no line he will cross.  This bad guy just seemed kind of stupid and maybe opportunistic in his own way.  Overall a pretty good read, I think others were probably better but again big points for continuing the series with an interesting read.

It will be on my keeper shelf so won't be posting it.  It is in a little rough shape anyway so probably not good enough to post either.

No comments: