Friday, November 30, 2018

About Schmidt--#60 finished

This book has been on my shelf for a long time.   I remember enjoying the movie with Jack Nicholson, it was filmed in Omaha which was also kind of neat to see too.  Took me a long time to get around to reading the book though and finding out Omaha had nothing to do with the book.  It is a New York and Hamptons location.  Still a good read, none of the characters are really good in all ways so they seem more down to earth even in their upper crust lifestyle.  The twist at the end of the book is that Schmidt becomes even more monied inheriting money from his step-mother when she unexpectedly passes.  Makes me think about reading the 2nd book, just for that reason.

I haven't posted it, there are already a few copies in system, maybe 5 or so but since an older book doubt it would go anywhere.  Will just keep & see about that 2nd book.

No comments: