Thursday, May 19, 2022

Hour of the Bees--#50 finished

 Well I am halfway to my "read a 100 books this year goal" and it is mid May when I finished this book so off to a very good start.  This book seemed more like a young adult type book, the main character is a 12 year old girl who's family moves from the city to a ranch in the desert of New Mexico to help out their estranged grandpa.  Grandpa, they determined, cannot live on his own anymore & is slipping.  They are there to take care of grandpa and fix up the ranch to sell.  Grandpa & Carolina--the 12 year old, form a kind of special relationship with him telling her a kind of ongoing story.  Book ends sort of weird with her taking older sister's car & getting grandpa out of the retirement home & going back to the ranch.  Overall though an okay read, like I said probably more suited for junior high types than my age group.

I have posted it on PBS & is only copy in system so could move at some point.

No comments: