Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Accidental Tourist--#94 finished

 This is another book by Anne Tyler, one from early '80s that also became a movie.  I hadn't seen the movie but remember it from looking at boxes at Blockbuster, etc back then.  I enjoyed the first book I read of hers earlier this year and got this one.  This is a little different sort of book--a real sort of uptight and anal guy has troubles in life and wife leaves him.  He sort of bumps into a free spirit type lady and has a connection and eventually moves in.  At some point moves back in with wife and at end not really sure where he ends up.  I can see why movie was made--the characters are interesting and probably somewhat memorable on the screen.  Story is okay but has some good underlying points.  Overall a good read.

The copy I have is beaten up so won't be posting on PBS, it will go in my give away pile.

No comments: