Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Gorky Park--#107 finished

 This is the first book in the Arkady Renko series by Martin Cruz Smith.  I had read this book probably back in high school and years later started reading the other books in this series.  I remembered really enjoying this book and had wanted to go back & read it and it was finally the time.  Re-reading it now it is not as interesting or fun as I remembered.  Arkady is still an interesting character and how the USSR worked at the time is fun to think of.  I think part of my original enjoyment was that I really knew nothing of USSR or Moscow at the time and this book opened up that whole country to me.  Now with many, many books and internet, etc it is not such a mystery.  Still a fun read and glad I read it and will try to work through this series again.

This is one I am keeping, will keep this series.

No comments: