Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Wolf in White Van--#108 finished

 A different sort of book.  A young man has been disfigured and his life is a struggle but he seems to have come to terms with it and lives simply.  He runs a through the mail sort of dungeon & dragons game--popular I guess back before internet but even still with internet he has fans that send in monthly money to do the game.  A young couple he was corresponding with took the game way too seriously and tried to actually follow it in real life--the young girl died & the boy is in critical condition in hospital.  He was taken to court on this but seems like there was no case.  This book told a story but seemed to me like it never really got anywhere.  After I finished I checked and seemed like well received but I guess just not for me.

There are like 10 WL for this book on PBS so I will get it mailed off some point.

Also just a quick note, not sure if I will finish another book this year or not--have one short story book that is a maybe.  But at 108 this is a new high in books read for me.  I have already told myself and a few others that I will not be trying for the 100 books read next year.  I noticed I was picking books to read based off how quick I could finish them and don't like that--so now putting it in writing too--hopefully won't do that(at least not too much).  I will make sure to grab a few long reads and just enjoy without any pressure of just finishing the book.

No comments: