Monday, September 18, 2023

I'm Glad My Mom Died--#79 finished

 This is an autobiographical book but child actress Jennette McCurdy who played Sam on ICarly show.  I watched this show with my kids when they were growing up an was a sort of funny in crazy antics kind of way.  I didn't realize Jennette was already into acting for a while before this show.  Her book is really eye opening in that she basically didn't want to be in acting and was sort of forced on her by her mom.  That is just the start of several awful things her mother did over the years for her and the family.  The secret coming out after mom had died that her father is not her biological father--instead her mom was having a long term affair.  A really screwed up family life and I am sure therapy involved.  This book reads almost like a therapeutic endeavor to sort of get it out of the system.  Jennette is no longer acting but now writing and hopefully in a better place.

There are 138 WL for this book so will get it posted & mailed off at some point.

No comments: