Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pistol: The Life of Pete Maravich--#24 finished

Pete Maravich was before my time. I think I had a couple Topps basketball cards of his and remember being amazed at his statistics but had no real concept of them as a kid beyond amazement. I had heard about his amazing talent and some of the stories of his life in my adult life but really had no idea about him until I read this book. Lots of very good and very insightful info in here. I really liked the book. I didn't know how really tragic his life was and how shocking the autopsy that revealed his heart condition that regularly kills people before they are 20. How he was able to play college and then NBA basketball is really amazing. I realize I am typing amazing too many times but it is the best word I can come up with right now.

I have posted it on PBS and there was 1 WL for it so I am waiting for it to get accepted. I am still reading Games of the Presidents, The Secret Speech and Up the Nile or something like that. Not sure if I will start another one right now, will probably wait a couple days.

No comments: