Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Secret Speech--#28 finished

From what I remember, and I didn't look back yet, I think I liked Child 44.  This is the 2nd book and 2nd in series about the main character Leo a former KGB(or what it was called under Stalin) agent who was able to switch out and investigate homicides in the USSR in the 1950s.  It is an okay read, but for me just too much stuff that just isn't believable goes on.  The characters just seem that much flatter than in the 1st book.  Now I am not saying this is a terrible book or anything but rather the promise that the first book showed, the 2nd could not keep up.  It will be interesting to see how the 3rd book goes, I think there is one but not completely sure about that though.

I have posted it on PBS, there were like 7 WL for it.  I also posted Down the Nile too and have an order for The Imaginary Girlfriend, so I will be shipping off some books next week.  I still have too many credits so I need to be ordering some books as well.  My WL books have been slow in coming up lately.  I am still reading The Apostle, Edgar Sawtelle and just started Welcome to the Great Mysterious.  There is another book that I started a while ago but have been sort of avoiding, not sure if will continue or not with it yet so no need to mention right now.

No comments: