Friday, October 10, 2014

Variations in the Night--#61 finished

I was looking for a shorter book with short chapters that I thought would be a quick read while I am kind of muddling through the other books I am reading right now.  I picked this one and it was that but it was also a better read than I expected.  Nothing great but I enjoyed the characters and how comfortable the author seemed in writing about them.  A 30 year old man moves from small town Ohio to New York and meets a girl and they go out.  They are on different wavelengths on about everything but seem to get along well.  He is stuck in his job and isn't sure NY is for him and she is noncommittal about most everything.  He moves back home kind of open ended & both realize they miss what they had.  He comes back and they seemingly figure it out even though they suck at communicating.  The book ends there, a nice ending.  I really have a hard time seeing this end well but there was no reason for the author to continue--let the reader guess on their own.  I really liked the book, a good read.  Oh this is also from back in the 1980s, which is an almost completely different time.  Book was written in 1987 so no looking back just what it was.

When I said I was muddling through a couple books, well I still am doing so--reading College Football book and around page 110 and still hasn't gotten to the first thrown pass.  Good read so far & interesting but hard to read much at a time.  Also reading The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells and just having a hard time staying interested in it but still working on it.  Also reading L is for Lawless the next Kinsey Milhone book and enjoying it like the others, I had read it before but has been a while so doing a re-read while going in order.  The first two are the muddling books.

No comments: