Sunday, May 17, 2015

Fargo Rock City -- #27 finished

The author, Chuck Klosterman, is just a couple years older than me and grew up in midwestern rural life--him in North Dakota & me in Nebraska.  Kind of fun to read about how he saw his life growing up and this was all weaved in the heavy metal/glam rock that was going on.  He mentions AC/DC Back in Black as an early album and from there he went into heavier rock.  I had that same album/cassette and from there I went backward into classic rock.  He goes on & on about the metal bands that for the most part I avoided, Poison, Ratt, Motley Crue, Guns & Roses, etc.  I remember some of them but never really got into them other than maybe a popular song or two from each.  Still fun to hear about his growing up and interesting takes on the bands that I think he has probably spent more time thinking about than just about anyone else.  From reading about these bands, I am pretty glad that my teenage self was able to decide to avoid them for the most part.

I have posted it on PBS, there were 2 WL for it and figured no reason to hold on to it.  I posted a couple others to move on as well and just waiting for them to get accepted to mail the whole group off at once.

No comments: