Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Old Man and the Sea--#49 finished

It had been a while since I had read something by Hemingway and figured this would be a good quick read & it was.  I also thought I had read it before & I don't think I had, at least I don't remember it.  It is about an old man still living a very simple life as a fisherman & he hooks onto a huge fish that pulls him for days.  Finally he pulls it in  & lashes it to his boat only to have sharks come and attack & eat it while he is trying to bring it back into shore.  Simple story but Hemingway's writing and the thoughts and actions the old man is fighting through are what make the novel.  Good stuff.  Just reminds me that I need to grab some of the classics and read them as well as the other stuff I run through.

This is a keeper so will not be going on PBS.

No comments: