Friday, October 16, 2015

Cannery Row--#57 finished

I thought this book, short book at only 123 pages, had some very interesting characters but the story overall just sort of kicked along.  Other than to talk about the characters I didn't see a reason for the book.  I just did a quick wikipedia read of it & it mentioned centered on Doc & the parties for him.  I guess could argue Doc was main glue of the Cannery Row area but such a short book, just have to infer way too much for my liking.  Again though the characters were interesting and Steinbeck is a very good writer--it had been a very long time since I had read anything by him.

I will keep this book, no reason to put on PBS or give away.  Good to keep the classics, which not sure it really qualifies, Steinbeck certainly does qualify.

No comments: