Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Eastern Stars--#46 finished

This is about the city San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic and how that town and area has sent so many players into major league baseball.  Some good baseball stuff but lots about the sugar cane fields and poverty in the area too.  Fun to hear about the experiences and how so many of the kids became major leaguers.  Good history lesson of area too.  I like this author for getting into the subjects he writes about.  Good read that makes you think how lucky we are to have been born where we are and how unfortunate and how much struggles there are in 3rd world places.

I have posted it on PBS & it was the only copy & it has already been requested.  I have another book that I was going to mail but it has cycled onto the 3rd person already and looks like it will go to a 4th in a couple days.  I would like to mail them at same time but probably not going to happen.

No comments: