Saturday, June 30, 2018

Chocolates For Breakfast--#29 finished

This was one of the books I picked up at a used bookstore while on vacation.  I had selected one and was still just walking around wanting a 2nd book when I saw it & grabbed it.  Looked interesting and was the one started to read on vacation.  I really good and interesting read.  From the cover it says the author was 18 when she wrote this, looks like was written in the '50s.  About a girl growing up quick at 15 to 18, first in Hollywood and then in New York.  Her mother was an actress struggling to find work and the girl had to be independent in growing up.  Given the time written, surprised the sex and homosexuality that was mentioned along with lots of drinking and wasting of life kind of things.  Throw in some tragedy and it was a really good read.  As much time as I had been in used book stores, I am surprised I hadn't seen this book or heard about it before.

It is an older book, my copy was printed in the '60s so no ISBN which makes posting on PBS maybe not worth it.  I will probably keep it at this point, like I said I did like the book.

No comments: