Thursday, April 16, 2020

West of Sunset--#27 finished

I really enjoyed this author's book Last Night at the Lobster and was able to get this book on PBS.  It is about F Scott Fitzgerald and his life the last couple years of it, with Zelda in an institution and their daughter at boarding school.  While he is a very famous author now, then he was struggling for money and went to Hollywood and was doing movie scripts to earn a living.  He also had a girlfriend at that time too.  While obviously it cannot be a true account, it puts the reader into the life and you can see the struggles as well as the glamour of Hollywood too.  I good read, I enjoyed it.

I think there are 7 or 8 WL for the book so I will get it posted & mailed off at some point.  Right now with the virus and stay at home orders, not looking to post anything.  I have enough credits & plenty of books on my shelves so not looking to make any unnecessary trips out to the post office.

No comments: