Monday, March 30, 2020

Y is for Yesterday--#26 finished

This is the last book in this series, the author Sue Grafton passed away before finishing Z and from what her children said she did not want anyone else to write or finish up the novel--her notes, etc were to be destroyed.  I was and am still sadden by this but have to understand her wishes.  I really enjoy the series and glad to have gotten to Y at least.  Her family after her passing had a statement along the lines of: the alphabet now ends at Y for them.  I like that.  This book does wrap up a couple things--Ned Lowe tries to kill Kinsey but in the end he dies.  It also wraps up the case she was working.  Henry & his family continue on.  Her family is still in background except for Anna and we start to come around on Pearl introduced earlier.  A nice ending to a very good series.  I am looking forward to re-starting it at some point.

This is on my keeper shelf.

No comments: