Monday, March 9, 2020

Sex Object--#15 finished

This is a memoir by noted feminist Jessica Valenti--maybe I shouldn't say noted because I hadn't heard of her before but she has published & has blogged & articles.  I don't really follow feminist writings much but this sounded interesting.  I have mixed feelings about this book.  She has suffered through some torment, seeing men exposing themselves to her at a young age and the whole struggle of self image in the teen years along with finding out about herself sexually after that.  She also made a choice to have an abortion and while she is a feminist, I am sure it had to be a tough decision.  My thought is to pray for her.  She later had a daughter & she was a premie and the struggles with that, our youngest was a premie so I could understand some of what she was going through.  While I don't agree with much of her politics, I think she has a story to tell and I was glad to read it.

There are around 7 WL for this book on PBS so at some point I will offer it out there & mail it off.  This book was finished in February which shows how slow I have been at updating my books read list.  Will try to get better but already have 3 for March that will try to update tonight too.

No comments: