Friday, February 4, 2022

Magical Thinking--#13 finished

This is a short true story book by Augusten Burroughs, I have heard of his other books but this is the first book of his I read.  Some of it was funny but a lot was just kind of out there & sort of gross or disgusting.  I have read several LGBTQ books and generally enjoy them--this seemed like the author was constantly putting it out there in just base ways.  I gathered from reading this that I probably should have read his earlier book that goes into his childhood that describes how screwed up it was and some of these stories show that he has gotten beyond that.  The stories did get better as they went along.  For my taste David Sedaris books are a lot more enjoyable and humorous than this.  I should probably go back & read his earlier book at some point too.

I have posted it on PBS, this is now the 10th copy in system so I doubt it goes anywhere but I just had the Grisham book Calico Joe requested so who knows. 

No comments: