Friday, March 17, 2023

Save Yourself--#25 finished

 This is a memoir of a standup comedienne that I hadn't heard of, Cameron Esposito.  A good read about her life but I still don't recognize her from anything & since I don't do podcasts it looks like that is where she has been lately.  A born and raised Catholic and she was super devoted too but eventually figured out she was gay and that changed her view on Catholicism.  Some struggles with parents with this as well.  She was in college in early to mid 2000s but had gone to I guess a very Catholic Boston College--I went to SLU in late '80s and they seemed much more open then that what she was describing at her college.  Of course LGBQT+ wasn't as much in news as then so maybe a sort of backlash thing going on.  Also she was in Boston when the whole Catholic church priest scandal came out and she mentions that as part of her getting away from the church too.  She talks about her relationships & struggles in an open manner--a good and interesting read.

There was 1 WL when I started but was at zero when I finished.  I posted it and it did get requested right away so will be mailing off in next few days.

No comments: