Sunday, November 19, 2023

Blue Angel--#100 finished

 Book number 100 finished already & it is not even Thanksgiving.  I finished it during last week so been a few days ago.  I was holding this book when the Texas Rangers won the World Series--this was my team growing up.  Moving to St Louis have to cheer for the Cardinals but Rangers still one of my teams too.  

This is a book about a small college professor that has a good life but is also a writer that is unable to write anything.  He falls for a talented girl he is teaching and encourages her writing and they start flirting.  He does give in to her & tries to sleep with her and then his life unravels.  A sort of twist at the end is a nice change from what I thought was coming.  Kind of a guy in midlife crisis and handling it poorly.

There were already 2 copies in PBS system and I added a 3rd.  I liked one of the other books by this author Bigfoot Dreams--don't remember much about it other than I liked it.

No comments: