Friday, December 8, 2023

Finding the Bright Side--#105 finished

 The rest of the title is:  The Art of Chasing What Matters.  This is by Shannon Bream one of the reporters/talking heads on Fox News channel.  I used to watch Fox News but can no longer stomach the channel except in bits and pieces.  Shannon Bream and Bret Baier are two hosts that I would stop and watch if they were talking about something that interested me.  I guess that is the reason I picked up this book when I saw it at a library sale.  Her story sort of makes me worried about Fox News more, she sounds very naive in this book--it almost seems like she is afraid to really talk about her true self which maybe she is because she doesn't want to offend the people that watch her.  She has a story in that she has her law degree but only practiced for a little while before moving over to TV news--she was a Miss Virginia and a Miss Florida--Virginia in undergrad and Florida in law school so wanting to be in front of the camera makes sense.  The whole Roger Ailes thing was lightly touched on but again just seems like there is a lot missing there--he basically sexually harassed most of the women that worked for him.  The chapter about her eye problems--really series eye problem, made me wonder if she realized how lucky she was to have a great job and money as well as connections to find the doctor to treat that.  How does she feel about millions of Americans without healthcare where something like that likely goes untreated or the medical costs bury the individual if they do get treated.  Oh well, I am sure I was not part of the target audience for this book and to me it shows.  Just not something I enjoyed but at least it is a quick read.

There were 10 WL for this book but since I really didn't want this book anymore I have posted it and will be mailing off in next few days.

No comments: