Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Charlemagne Pursuit--#11 finished

A good read. This is the 2nd book in a series with a character Cotton Malone as the main person. I jumped into this series somewhere in the middle and it seems to be an okay series. Last year I read The Venetian Betrayal which was also good. I type good but start rethinking it right after typing, maybe okay is a better description. I think I have one other book in this series an older one that I will probably try to get to also, but probably won't go out of my way tracking others down. The books are entertaining and have some interesting angles and ideas in them. Some of the characters are just not believable enough though and that really takes away from the enjoyment for me. Not bad though overall, and maybe not even quite good, but still mostly enjoyable.

My copy of this book is not postable for PBS, has a couple places where pages stuck together and writing is unreadable. Also stains, spine problem and just places throughout where food hit the pages. There are also about 10 or so notes where a previous reader became an editor and noted mistakes. Why someone would do that to a library book is a mystery to me. Oh well, I won't be mailing it off, but I will post it on my un postable list and see if anyone grabs it that way. If not maybe I will donate back to the library or take to the local used bookstore and see if I can get any credit for it and a couple others I have.

No comments: