Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Big Trouble--#35 finished

This is a novel from Dave Berry, the funny columnist from a few years back. He might still be writing columns, it is just that he is not as big I guess anymore. For a while there he was actually pretty hot, with his books, this being his first(maybe only fiction novel) and even a TV show loosely based on him. Not sure where he is at now though, I guess a trip to wikipedia after this is in order.

It is a fun, easy, quick read. No surprises, some plain old weird stuff and certainly not thought provoking but it was entertaining. It only took me 3 days of reading to finish it and I was also reading my other books too. It says it was a soon to be released movie and the cast is on the cover, with Tim Allen and Rene Russo playing the leads and plenty of other familiar faces, but I really don't remember seeing this movie, either out in the theater, video stores or on cable. I guess this is another thing I will have to check & see if this movie was actually made.

I have posted it on PBS, but there are 74 copies ahead of it, so it is going no where. I will probably let it sit for a while but will probably pull it at some point. I need to see if the library would take some of my not moving books for a donation--since I buy enough there I could give some back as well. Just a thought I will have to pursue.

No comments: