Sunday, June 13, 2010

Grab on to Me Tightly as if I Knew the Way--#36 finished

An interesting, coming of age book for a boy just graduating high school and not knowing what is next in life. A deep thinker, in a band kid, that is also still working out the whole sex thing--not sure I really buy all of this but well that was it. A lot of teenage angst in this book as well as just plain old confusion of life in general. Not a book I enjoyed but figured it is good to be reminded that those late teen years & into the early 20s are not easy years and many kids at these ages don't have it figured out, even if their front says they do.

The book only really worked on the main character Vim but there were some other kind of interesting minor characters floating about as well that might have been interesting to develop more. Trudy, the college girl that takes Vim's virginity--maybe, kind of unclear on this whole point, the weirdo concert guy who I can't remember the name, Nelson in the doughnut shop up north and others. Not my kind of book, but I think the author showed enough that if he does a 2nd book, it might be worth checking out.

I have posted it on PBS, there is 1 copy ahead of it. I figure it will move at some point but might take some time. I was on a little run of mailing books out & have too many credits already, will be at 51 once all books delivered. So I am good for now with not mailing any more and waiting for some of my WL books to come up.

No comments: