Monday, June 28, 2010

Home School--#38 finished

This is the long awaited sequel to The Graduate, or at least that is what it says on the cover. It is really just not a very good book. The characters are irritating and really make no sense at all. I am almost sorry this book was ever written. I never read The Graduate, only have seen the movie a few times--a very good movie, kind of quirky but with a great soundtrack. This book tried to be quirky but really was just bad.

It was a quick read, so I guess I can give it that, of course if it was longer than 229 pages, I would have been very tempted to quit reading it early on. Oh well, what can I say, not every book I read I am going to like. I also want to say that I came into this book with low expectations also, since I figured I would have heard about it at some point since it only came out a couple of years ago, if it was good. So I kind of figured it was not too much & I was still disappointed. Well that is the way it goes.

I will be adding it to my bookshelf on PBS within minutes and will probably feel sorry for whoever I mail it to as well. Right now there is no WL for it but I also think there are no copies on the system so there is a chance it could move if not quickly than at some point.

No comments: