Sunday, June 6, 2010

Epic--#33 finished

This is a futuristic novel about humans now at a new planet, or maybe the old earth after civilization collapsed. It mentioned how earth was too violent so they moved away. Now the whole of society is ruled on how well people do at a computer game. Towns and regions are supplied based on not just production but on their activity and money earning in the computer game Epic. Not a bad premise at all, especially for a futuristic thing. It is move of a teenager or young adult book so it probably sells better for them. I did enjoy it though overall. Parts were a little kidish but nothing too bad. Had some good characters and some good action and while some ideas of country building came up toward the end, it didn't get bogged down in that either. Not a bad read.

I will be holding onto this one, thinking my oldest Rose, will be interested in it. It has 1 WL but like I said I am in no hurry to move it.

I got a couple of books on the way to me and I have been sorting through my books looking for vacation reads. I am reading 2 books now Kiplat's Chance or something like that and started Lucy's Bones--a book that goes through the history of many interesting things--each item is it's own chapter. Kind of good so far, easy to pick up and put a few minutes into. I might grab a 3rd book later today, not sure though yet.

No comments: