Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kings of Cocaine--#18 finished

A very good book with a ton of information about the cocaine trade starting in the 1970s and running till the mid to late 1980s. Really a lot of amazing stuff in this book. Obviously the main focus was on the Columbian leaders, or the Medellin cartel. I knew of Escobar and I knew there were others too but didn't know how closely associated they all were and how they all worked in concert with one another to help their business.

It is really sad how much the whole drug trade has ruined lives here in the US and throughout the world. At some point people have to take personal responsibility for the actions in using illegal drugs and recognize that not only their own life being ruined or at least a ton of money wasted but also in the producer countries how it has ruined lives there. Like I said it is very sad.

One of the authors is Jeff Leen, he is a Ritenour grad and is now a major newspaper editor, I believe the Washington Post but not sure on that. I had read his newer book on the female wrestling champion from the '30s to the '50 or so. I was impressed at the amount of research for that book and I am again for this book. Hopefully another book will be written by him soon.

I have posted it on PBS, it had 1 WL so will have to see when or if it gets accepted. Still reading No Angel, just under 100 pages on it and just started John 3:16. I may look at finding my next one but might not decide till later in the week.

No comments: