Saturday, February 23, 2013

Downtown Owl--#9 finished

I really enjoyed this book about small town North Dakota in the 1980s since I grew up in small town Nebraska in the 1980s.  Very similar in many ways from what I can tell, I moved away for college and only return to see people other than my parents very rarely.  I liked the characters and what was going on but didn't really like the tragic ending but I guess it had to end somehow.  I don't remember much about the other Chuck Klosterman book that I read, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs except that I really didn't like it.  I guess I could look up what I typed up about it but don't feel that inspired and would rather finish this up.  Good read and I will probably look into reading more of his books now.

I am still working on the Fremont book and the Life of Pi.  I also started Lucky Strike a book about the 1950s in Utah looking for uranium I guess--not far into it.

No comments: