Saturday, June 8, 2013

Never Give Up--#26 finished

The 2nd part of the title is Vignettes from Sub-Saharan Africa in the Age of AIDS.  The author spent several months in the poor part of South Africa out side of Cape Town, I believe.  There he helped people and organizations dealing with AIDS there.  It is a real epidemic there and these stories just touch on the surface of the suffering going on there both for the people with AIDS and there families and the community.  I think he was there in the late '90s and into the '00s so not sure what present day is like there.  Hopefully changes for the better but I doubt it though.

I have posted this on PBS and there is 1 copy ahead of it.  I think it will move at some point but might be a while.  I am still reading The Lady of the Rivers and Skeleton Crew.  I will be starting a 3rd book tonight and maybe even a 4th since Skeleton Crew was supposed to be more a rare occasion read.

No comments: