Thursday, May 30, 2013

On Target--#25 finished

This is the 2nd Gray Man novel, a discredited CIA operative that has gone free lance.  First book was pretty good what I remember and this was a good 2nd book.  I have the 3rd and a 4th coming out later this year.  The book tries at times to make him human like but he is also very lucky and very amazingly efficient.  It is a spy book so suspend some of your reality and just sort of enjoy it and I did.  The book did take a couple of twists that were interesting and I am sure have setup the next books as well.

I will be posting it on PBS probably in the next few weeks, although I may read that 3rd book & see if I can't send them out together too.  I am still reading The Lady of the Rivers and the Viginettes of Sub-Saharan Africa and have also started a beaten up copy of Skeleton Crew, a short story Stephen King book from back in the 1980's.  I needed to take a book along outside where I wouldn't worry if it got a little beaten up or even rained on and since this copy is in rough shape already--it qualified.  I am kind of treating it as a kind of side book right now, so might be adding another into the mix, but haven't checked or decided yet.

By the way I am glad to get to 25 in the 5th month, would like to keep up that pace and have 60 for the year.  I don't know if I can do that, seem to be busy with other stuff but will try.

No comments: